10. Outdoors – there’s nothing like the smell of fresh air, or even better, the smell of fresh cut hay!
9. Fun equipment – What other job do you get to drive large tractors, combines, sprayers, or anything else?
8. Weather – You always know the weather, even when you don’t want to.
7. You’re your own boss – Well besides Mother Nature – but she’s another story.
6. Job security – As long as there is land to farm and mouths to feed, farmers will have the most important job there is.
5. Farming communities – There is no community like a farm community. There are no strangers, just some people you might not know yet. When a farmer goes down, the whole town is there to pick up where he, or she, left off.
4. No need to clean – You have an excuse to be dirty and stay dirty. As Will Rogers so eloquently said, “What this country needs is dirtier fingernails and cleaner minds.” Dirty nails show more than dirt, they show work ethic, discipline, and the most selfless workers the world knows.
3. Knowledge - Who else but a farmer can tell you more about the weather than a weather man, more about a tractor than a mechanic, and more about their land than anyone else.
2. The view- Your office has the best view of anyone – the outdoors, the fresh smells, and the earth beneath your feet. What’s better than that?
1. The best part? You feed the world. There are not many other people who can say that about their job.