We started the day with a luncheon at RiceTec (Eagle Lake Facility); the food was wonderful (which included rice) and the conversation rich! We then moved to the rice field where presentations were given and the center pivot was turned on and demonstrated.
Presentation topics included:
- Characteristics of the most effective Hybrid seed options
- Recommended chemical and fertilizer applications to control weeds, diseases, and insects
- Recommended irrigation scheduling and sprinkler options
- Irrigation equipment and controls
- Energy and water conservation
For the most part, the weather cooperated. It was really hot for us Nebraskans, though we may be getting a taste of the heat this week!
We'd like to thank RiceTec, Peerless Equipment, Kevin Hoffman, all attendees, and all Valmont staff members for their preparation and participation. You helped make this Field Day a success!
Check out the Web page on www.CirclesForRice.com regarding our 2010 Field Days; click here.
For more information on future Field Days and events, please subscribe! Announcements will also be made on the www.CirclesForRice.com homepage as they become available.