Smart Irrigation Month is a public awareness campaign to promote efficient water use and highlights effective practices and innovative technologies to:
- Increase crop yield per acre.
- Apply water and nutrient inputs more precisely for improved results with no waste.
- Minimize runoff and top soil erosion.
- Help protect and preserve water supplies for today and the future.
- Precisely applies water and nutrients to minimize evaporation, runoff and waste.
- Generates more crop per drop.
- Adjust watering automatically to account for rain and other conditions.
- Minimizes overwatering
Smart Irrigation Month is an initiative of the Irrigation Association, a non-profit industry organization dedicated to promoting efficient irrigation.