|Photo by mersaydees|
Preparation Time: 0 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 2 cups chopped green onions, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2-1 teaspoon sambal oelek
- 1 1/2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped roasted peanuts, salted or
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped roasted cashews
- If necessary, lightly roast the peanuts or cashews and coarsely chop (do not grind).
- Place water, jasmine rice, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a rice cooker and cook until done. Keep warm.
- In a saute pan, heat up peanut oil on medium-low heat and saute green onion, garlic, and sambal oelek for about 2-3 minutes, or until softened. Stir occasionally.
- Increase saute pan heat to medium and add rice vinegar, sugar, and remaining salt. Cook, stirring constantly until the mixture begins to caramelize, (3-4 minutes). Do not burn!
- Add the cooked jasmine rice and coarsely chopped nuts. Mix well.